Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Website Usability Test

In my Information Technology class, we are doing a usability test of a library website of our choice to determine how easy or difficult it is to navigate throughout the site. At first, I didn't think I would get much information from watching someone click on a computer following the tasks that I had given them. So far I have only tested with two participants, each of them stumbling at different points through the process. However, I found it interesting that they both agreed that the site was easy to use, even though they struggled somewhat with completing the tasks. One user stated that it was easy once he got the hang of it, but was not compelled to linger on the site, and at times becoming distracted and bored. Also, these two participants agreed that the design of this particular website was lacking in aspects of the design and layout. I am intrigued to hear what the remaining testers opinions will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...