Saturday, June 2, 2012

Review:Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Author: Anna Banks
Title: Of Poseidon
Publication: May 22, 2012
Publisher: Macmillan 
Imprint: Feiwel &Friends
Genre: YA Fantasy, Romance
Pages: 336pp.
Audience: 14 and up
Rating: 5 out 5
Source: Publisher via Netgalley
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Purchase:Amazon| BN| Book Depository
Synopsis:

Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . . 


Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.

My thoughts: Love the cover, book, characters and just everything. Emma and Galen are such magnetic characters, as are Toraf and Rayna.The female leads are hilarious, feisty and stubborn and the male characters are a good balance to the fire that these two ladies ignite. I liked that there is no love triangle in this one but rather two great couples that seem to find their way to each other. In addition to the romance, a mystery of what exactly is Emma, and why hasn't she shifted. They are perplexed by the fact that she obviously has the Syrena traits but her human attributes are a tad bit of a pickle. The narrative told from both of the main characters points of view worked so well, that though I knew who was speaking, my attention was not distracted by trying to figure out who each time it changed. The flow of the story is beautifully written as well the story line, which that ending left me hanging as I was still pressing the next button on my Kindle, hoping that it was some kind of joke and that there was more. Alas, it was not and now I have to twiddle my thumbs till part two comes out. Must have more of these characters, they are so full of humor and life. Great read!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Tweet, tweet. I just had to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I get the feeling that you like this book. I also notice you have a water theme going on. Anyway. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol @ Tiffany so it would seem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you gave this book a 5 out of 5. I need to get a copy and read it soon! I need to find time to read. I've been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone posts really nice reviews and yours was no exception. I have got to read it. I didn't know there was more than one book though. Either I didn't pay attention or was in denial! I hate waiting for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that there's no love triangle and it has an alternative POV, I've seen a lot of good reviews on Of Poseidon, I'm excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked this book!!!! I think I gave it four or four and a half. I love Galen, but not just because he's hot and nice and whatever. All of those things are great. But, he's a more likable character than Emma (love the names by the way!). I found Emma a little distasteful sometimes (NOT often). I can't wait to read the next book(s)!!!! Thanks for the review!!!!

    Alyssa Susanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree. This book was hilarious. Loved Toraf. :D I hated the ending too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was dying! There were so many awesome quotes, I wish I had the e-book to post them all! An amazing book for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read this book! I love how authors are writing re-tellings of greek mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review. I have been curious about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Now I'm even more eager to read it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't read a lot of mermaid books but this one pick my curiosity :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanted to read this book for a while now, and your review of it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't actually like this book.......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...