Monday, November 30, 2009

Directed Study

We are in our final week for the directed study at the Birmingham Black Radio Museum, and throughout this process I have learned to organize a collection, and prepare it for preservation. I also learned how to create metadata to find specific items in the collection. We respected the fonds as we went through this process. And finally we created a finding aid for the collection. Now that we have reached the end Mr. Friedmann has started asking questions about the organization of everything, and we explained to him that we did not rearrange anything but maintained the order that he had things in. He mentioned a flyer that we had in a particular folder that possibily should be somewhere else, however we have seen that flyer in two seperate places, so it was hard organizing this collection. We have many questions about dates in this collection, that unfortunately due to the time, will possibly have to go unanswered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...