Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review: Golden Blood by Melissa Pearl

Author: Melissa Pearl
Title: Golden Blood
Series: Time Spirit #1
Publication: February 27, 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal, Fantasy
Rating: 4 out of 5
Source: Author

About the Book
Gemma Hart never knows when her father is going to whisk her back in time. Her toes start tingling and she has a few minutes to find a secret haven where she can disintegrate and appear in another time and place. While “across the line,” her training and skills are put to the test as she completes a mission that will change history for the lucky few her father has selected. 

Gemma's parents are adamant that secrecy is paramount to her family’s safety. If people knew what they were capable of, they could be "used and abused", as her mother always says. Afraid she might accidentally utter the truth and break the ancient oath of her people, Gemma spends her school days as a loner. Only one thing can throw her sheltered life askew... Harrison Granger. 

Harrison never expected to talk to the strange Hart girl, but after a brief encounter he can't stop thinking about her. He begins a campaign to chisel away her icy veneer and is met with unexpected consequences. As he slowly wins this girl over, he enters a surreal world that has him fighting to keep his newfound love and his life.

My Thoughts: I've had read several books with a time traveling aspect and this one has a bit of a twist that I am intrigued to learn more about. Gemma, may at first come off as a bit standoffish and mean but once you understand that she has good intentions behind her actions, she is very easy to like. I liked her initially because it felt like more was behind it, especially when seeing her true feelings about the way her parents have chosen for her and her siblings to live. That brings me to her parents, something is shady about them and it seems to me they are hiding something. Now, Harrison the love interest is a bit intense, when he falls for someone he dives in, and I hope he survives the ride that he has placed himself on in his efforts to pursue Gemma. Another thing that caught my attention is his mother,something is not right with her either. The plot, characters and pace were all very well done in this work. This book is full of secrets, and I want to know what the deal is with the parents in this story, so I will be reading the next one to find out. Officially hooked on this series!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like time travelling books. This one sounds very intriguing. Thanks so much for sharing! I hope to read this one- I have added it to my list.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...