Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend by Louise Rozett

Author: Louise Rozett
Title: Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend
Series: Confessions #2
Publication: June 25, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Source: Publisher via Netgalley
~Website

If you’re not true to yourself, why should anyone else be?

Rose Zarelli 2.0 here -- 2.0, as in, innovative...superior...improved. Improved how? Glad you asked. This year, I will not: 

1. Do things just because other people want me to. 
2. Randomly shoot off my mouth. 
3. Worry about whether I'm someone's girlfriend -or not. 
 
So, what will I do this year?  
 
1. Find my thing and be who I want to be. 
2. Learn when to speak up-and when to shut up 
3. Tell off Jamie Forta and move on. 
 
I'm older and smarter now -- I can totally pull this off. How hard can it be? 


I love Rose! She has such attitude and sash. I can understand her anger and hurt towards her mother, brother and even her father a little bit. It's tough being so young losing a parent and she's doing her best to cope with it the best she knows how. It's nice to see her become more confident in this book. She venturing out and trying new things but trying to stay out the mix of the drama seems to be more difficult than she thinks. She's spent her whole summer hoping Jamie would call her and when he finally shows up, the new Rose doesn't fall so easy for his tricks...well she attempts but things only become more muddled and confusing. 

I like that Rose is gradually discovering herself and towards the end she changes but she still has room to develop more into an awesome person. She still has issues with her anger but it's a work in progress to get to what's really going on in her head, which in this book you get a sense of the bigger picture. Rozett has captured the teenage voice well in Rose and the other characters in a way that is both realistic and engaging. It's refreshing to read a book that doesn't have paranormal aspects to it. The writing moves at a steady pace along with the plot. The characters are entertaining and relatable. Overall, if you're looking for a contemporary read....try this and I'm sure Rose will reel you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...