Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #58: Talon by Julie Kagawa

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Talon by Julie Kagawa
Expected Release: October 2014

Goodreads Synopsis
Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.


Love this cover! What book are you looking forward to reading?




15 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds amazing! I'm always up for a book about dragons. This one reminds me of Sophie Jordan's Firelight series. Great pick!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about that one but you're right. The last dragon book I read, I think was the last book in the Eragon series.

      Delete
  2. I keep seeing this one around and it sounds so good looking forward to getting my hands on this one. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing her take on dragons.

      Delete
  3. YESS! This was my pick last week! I honestly can't wait to read Talon. Julie Kagawa is one of my favorite YA authors and I know this is going to be awesome just from reading that blurb.
    Great pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw the cover a few days back and WOW, it's just amazing. I cant wait to find out how awesome this book is going to be- it's got dragons, its bound to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is really beautiful!
    Can't wait to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, yes please! Julie Kagawa + Dragons = I will CRY until I have this book in my hands! This sounds AWESOME! THANK YOU for posting about it this Wednesday, you made my day! Seriously, this could be one epicly awesome story! I love me some dragons!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...